Meet The Team
Owner & Lead Planner
Congratulations on your engagement!
Now it's time to begin planning your wedding! While wedding planning can be fun and exciting, it can also be stressful and overwhelming. My goal is to help you plan and execute the wedding of your dreams, free of stress.
I have been working in event planning and coordination for over 5 years. In addition to weddings, I have had the pleasure of planning and coordinating events for the following organizations and companies: the Canadian Opera Company, the University of Western Ontario, Wellspring London, the Toronto Arts Foundation, and the Hi5Run.
The bud of my Event Planning career transitioned from my education, passion & involvement in the Non-for-Profit space. To finesse my skills and offer a value-add to foundations raisings funds, I went back to do a Post-Graduate Degree in Sports & Event Marketing & gain experience developing event marketing campaigns, big galas, and peer-to-peer fundraising events. Fortunately, the path I followed at first lead me to the ‘Love Industry’ where I planned over 350+ Destination Weddings for couples tying the knot at Sunwing Resorts all over the Caribbean. While it was a fun gig, I had the itch to gain experience executing larger-scale events that led me to begin planning corporate galas, tradeshows, community engagement events, and lastly working as the Venue & Events Manager for the Ride to Conquer Cancer nation-wide. My days consist of coordinating massive festival tent builds, crafting site layouts, & negotiating with 100’s of vendors.
My favourite part of working in events, is creating memorable, impactful, and authentic experiences for others & knowing that your finesse in the details really made a big difference! I am excited to share my joy of events made with love, as a part of the “Wedding by Alexandra” team!
5 FUN FACTS
1. I got my ‘Hostess Gene’ from my Mama. The finesse of candle lit dinner parties, crafted table arrangements, and fresh floral were always a non-negotiable when we invited anyone into our home!
2. My first ‘real job’ was as a Professional Dancer for Celebrity Cruise Lines. & yes, big feathered wings & 4” heels were a part of my costume ensemble.
3. I am a true in true Morning Person – luckily my fiancé is too. My spirit animal was probably a rooster.
4. I am a certified Yogi, and my love for the practice grew when I completed an all women’s Yoga teacher training in Jerusalem, Israel.
5. I feel most at home in the sunshine, in the studio, or in the sea!